Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 2014 Goals



Guess what? It's September! Where did August go? Well, I'm not complaining because Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. There's everything Pumpkin, the super hot and sweaty weather is going away, I can finally break out my extensive sweater collection, and I get to wear my hand-knitted scarves! Okay, so I know we're still a ways away from actual crisp fall weather, but being in September means we're that much closer. I'm so excited! But here's a little bit about the goals I've set for this month…

Join a new club Throughout the past three years at college, I've tried out a lot of different clubs, most of which I haven't stuck with. I still have knitting club and book club, both of which I founded, but I'd love to join a club where I get to meet new people and that gets me out of my apartment more. I'm thinking of joining running club because I've always wanted to ever since I started running freshman year, but I've never had the guts to run with complete strangers. I'm going to check out the first meeting and see how it goes!

Make s'mores I've been pretty much craving s'mores all month. I'm determined to finally make it happen. 

Finish at least half of granny square blanket I mentioned the other day that I'm working on a blanket for my sister. I want to finish it relatively soon, so I'm aiming to have half of it done by the end of the month. 

Start and finish a knitting project I have so much yarn and with knitting club starting back up, I seriously need to buckle down and start a new knitting project. I'm thinking of making a new cowl, so it's definitely time to spend some quality time with Ravelry to find the perfect pattern. 

Read a lot more books for fun The only time I got to read my choice of books instead of review books this summer was when I was on vacation. I definitely need to make more time to read the books I've bought that have been sitting on my shelves for who knows how long. 

Instagram everything I'm obsessed with Instagram, what can I say? 

Bake with lots of pumpkin Starting in the fall, I always crave everything pumpkin. I am dying to try out new pumpkin recipes. These White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles seem like the perfect place to start. 

Train for Panera 10k I convinced one of my friends to run the Panera 5k/10k with me at the end of the month. I really wanted to challenge myself, so I'm going to run the 10k while she's doing the 5k. I'm hoping to finish at 50 minutes or less, but that definitely means I'm going to have to do some speed training before then. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...