Monday, February 17, 2014

Kitchen Krazy: Red Velvet Cake Balls


So, I may have a slight addiction to red velvet. And when I say slight addiction, I mean I wish I could eat it for every meal for the rest of my life. Seriously. When Valentine's Day rolls around every year, I absolutely love the red velvet love everyone has to celebrate the holiday. I kept seeing a ton of recipes on pinterest and decided that I just had to make something red velvet to celebrate Valentine's Day. I browsed through some of my favorite blogs and finally settled on the recipe from Bakerella. I may or may not have eaten 5 balls the day I made them…not counting the many bites I stole during the ball forming process...

While not all of them look perfect, they taste absolutely amazing. Who needs a boyfriend on Valentine's Day when you have super moist, chocolate covered cake balls to spend the day with? My mouth is watering just thinking about eating another one. 

Red Velvet Cake Balls
From Bakerella
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz)
1 1/2 packages of chocolate chips
3 tablespoons canola oil

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. Mine made 48.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate chips and canola oil in the microwave, mixing every 30 seconds until melted. 
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
These are so easy, and oh so rewarding when they're done. And they make A TON! Do you know how long it's going to take me to eat 48 cake balls (I know I could share, but they're just too good)? Well, let's pretend it'll take more than two days to make it through the container. Well, I'm off to grab another handful of these delicious cake balls before dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...