Happy Easter everyone! I had a fantastic morning, waking up to a delicious looking Easter basket, dressing up in a purple lacy dress, and going to church with my entire family. Now, Mom's cooking up a delicious Easter lunch, I've already had my Diet Coke I've been craving for the entire duration of Lent, and I'll be back to school in about 3 hours. And, saving the best for last, Game of Thrones finally starts again at 9! To say it's a great day is definitely an understatement. I hope you all have a fantastic Easter and eat some delicious chocolate bunnies :)
Friday, March 29, 2013
Easter Chicks Cupcakes // Easter Basket Cake // Rainbow Cookies // Little Peeper Cookies // Bunny Butt Cake // Bunny Surprise Cake // Bunny Cupcakes // Cupcake Bunny Cake // Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Last night, my mom and I were trying to figure out what we wanted to make for dessert after our big Easter lunch and I ended up looking on the internet for hours. Who knew there was so many easter desserts out there? Anyways, we found so many adorable ones from Betty Crocker's Classic Easter Desserts. I have to say that the Bunny Butt Cake is my absolute favorite. We were going to make that, but with all of us kids going back to school Sunday night, my mom and dad would have been left with like half a cake for just the two of them. So instead, we settled on our classic Healthified Strawberry Pie. It's not a fun Easter dessert, but it's still yummy.
Cupcakes are so much fun, and I love the variety there are on Betty Crocker's website. You can make bunnies, easter baskets, chicks, and even carrots in dirt. Holidays are the best time for baking because there is so much room for creativity and just plain old fun! Do you guys do any fun baking on Easter? I'd love to hear the recipes you use!
Thursday, March 28, 2013
It's Friday! And I'm home! And Sunday is Easter, which means chocolate and Diet Coke for me! I'm so happy to be home with my parents, sister, and puppy. It's been too long since I've seen my sister and I was absolutely ecstatic when she finally arrived on campus to take me home. We had so much to catch up on and I can't wait to spend the next three days with her. I've got a feeling this is going to be a great weekend :)
1) I absolutely adore this pastel pink kitchen. I could totally see myself having a kitchen exactly like this one day.
2) This plaited bracelet looks so cute and super easy to make!
3) How cool would it be to have a rainbow cake with that many colored layers?
4) How in the world did someone make this owl oreo? It looks absolutely gorgeous!
5) This Harry Potter necklace is so cute! I would love to add this one to my necklace collection.
6) I am so in love with this wedding dress. I would absolutely die if I had a dress like this to wear on my own wedding day.
7) This flower cupcake is too cool! I've got to try it out sometime soon. It's perfect for spring!
8) I just can't stop obsessing over this pink dress picture. It would look so cute hung up in my room!
9) Only 50 days until I'm finally in the wonderful city of London!
10) I love the design and color of this turquoise mug. It looks absolutely perfect for a nice, warm cup of tea.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
There are so many things that have caught my eye that I'd love for the month of April. I'm dying to have a new watch and anything in pastel colors looks absolutely adorable to me. And mustache cookie cutters? How much cooler can you get? Hopefully I'll be able to get some more Friday baking days in with my friend before she graduates. Then, I'll have to go back to baking by myself next year, but at least I'll finally have my own kitchen in the apartment I'll be sharing with three of my friends. Oh boy, good things are in the future for me. Here's to hoping that April is as awesome and not as stressful as I think it will be :)
April is SO CLOSE! And I'm hoping that with this new, beautiful month comes some beautiful spring weather. April is going to be so crazy with the last weeks of my sophomore year of college, planning for my London trip that I leave for in May, getting as many Quidditch tournaments and team bonding in as possible, and survive not seeing my sister for entire month. Just thinking about it makes me so excited, nervous, stressed, and sad all at the same time. It's about to be an adventure indeed.
Monday, March 25, 2013
Moving Up Dress // From Day One Cardigan // Amethyst Is It Bag // Delightful Footsteps Heel // Hop, Skip, and a Jump Earrings
Easter is one of my favorite holidays (behind Christmas) and I love deciding what to wear to Easter mass on Sunday. The feel of spring is always in the air (though probably not this year seeing as it is currently a snow storm outside....) and I love wearing something that brings out that spring spirit. Floral dresses are always my favorite pattern to turn to.
After going to mass all pretty, I love coming home, kicking off my heels, and curling up with pounds of chocolate from my Easter basket. This year for lent, I gave up Diet Coke, which has been insanely hard, so you can be a can of Diet Coke will bet in my hand after mass this year along with my candy stash. Oh, I can't wait for Sunday to finally arrive. Do you have any fun traditions for Easter Sunday?
Saturday, March 23, 2013
I know, I know, it doesn't feel like spring at all. But that just makes me long for spring inspired things so much more! Spring shoes are so adorable and just looking at them makes me feel warmer already. The bright, fun colors make me thing of breezy, sunny days that I can lay out on a blanket reading. Sadly, we still have snow coming down right now. A girl can dream, though, right?
So far, I've been wearing boots almost all the time, weather they're my rain boots, UGGs, or riding boots. Either way, I love the chance to wear some flats or oxfords without my toes freezing off. Shoes can make an entire outfit, and I bet I would love anything I wear with the shoes above. I just love the bright colors. Hopefully warm days are coming soon so I can finally pull out my spring shoes!
Friday, March 22, 2013
Wow, it's getting some used to being back at school, so I couldn't be happier that it's the weekend. And I've got a busy one ahead of me! Here's what I've got planned...
-Quidditch Tournament That's right! I'm heading up to Michigan for a Quidditch tournament tomorrow and I'm so excited! It's not supposed to snow, so that's a plus. Hopefully it's not too cold though.
-Study Jane Austen I'm doing a huge project on Jane Austen for one of my English classes, so I have to read some autobiographies on her for research. I'm really excited to learn more about the life of one of my favorite authors.
-Read I've still got a huge stack of books I have to read, and the one I'm starting now looks really good.
-Knit I'm trying to use up some more yarn from the club that I've used for other projects, so I decided to start on a headband with this pink yarn. Hopefully it turns out cute!
-Paint nails My nails look so gross right now because I haven't painted them in over a week. I think some spring colors are definitely perfect for my mood right now. Maybe they'll help the spring weather move into Ohio...
That's all that's going on with me! It's quite a busy weekend, but I am look forward to it. I really hope the team does well at our tournament. I love being able to spend the weekend with the team and bond, so it should be fun. What do you guys have planned this weekend? Anything fun?
Wow, this week back at school could not be any longer! It seems like since we got a week off, the professors want to give us work to make up for it. Not fun! But I do have a fun weekend planned full of Quidditch and reading! I'm heading up to Michigan for a Quidditch tournament at 5 am tomorrow. While I'm really excited, I'm hoping it's not super cold!
1) These flower nails make me want spring so badly! Aren't they pretty?
2) These fruit necklaces are so cute! Some of them look so real!
3) I would love to try out this heart makeover on one of my own pants. It turned out to be so cute!
4) Button cookies! How fun would these be to make?
5) These ice cream cone cupcakes look so cool. Who would have thought of that?
6) These Beauty and the Beast glasses are just too precious.
7) My mantra for when life gets stressful.
8) I absolutely adore that turtle earring. It reminds me so much of summer.
9) Audrey will forever be my hero.
10) Look at how awesome these Harry Potter cupcakes are! Those decorations have got to take some serious skill to accomplish.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
I have kind of an obsession with bags, and I'm always find new ones that I absolutely fall in love with. The only problem, though, is that I'm a poor college student who can't afford to buy all of these purses! Haha, if only I had all of the money in the world...I'd definitely expand my purse collection.
With spring finally (slowly...) making it's way in, I'm loving all the spring colors like yellow, green, and pink. The bright colors make me so happy and help me get out of this dull funk I get in when winter just won't seem to go away. Seriously, I'm done with snow! So hopefully the warm weather and pretty flowers move in soon. Until then, hopefully some fun colored purses can brighten up my days :)
Sunday, March 17, 2013
1. Reading. I've been reading some really awesome books lately and I have even more waiting for me on my shelf!
2. Game of Thrones is SO CLOSE. March 31st can't come soon enough.
3. Being home with my puppy. I have loved being able to hang out with her all day during my Spring Break.
4. Yummy food. Being home means finally eating delicious food pretty much every single day.
5. Baking. I was able to finally make macaroons and I had a fun time on Tuesday baking all day with my best friend.
6. Chocolate. But then again, that's really nothing new :)
7. Target sales. I got a dress the other day for about $2.50 and another one for about $4.50. Yeah, I was really excited about my bargain shopping skills.
8. Cute mugs. I found a dinosaur mug at Good Will for only 50 cents. I was so excited and can't wait to snuggle up with it full of warm, delicious tea.
9. London. Only 64 more days.
10. Dinner dates with my parents. I'm going to Red Lobster with my mom and lunch tomorrow with my dad while mom's at a quilt class. Can't wait to spend some much needed quality time with them :)
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Spring Break is over. Did I even have a Spring Break? Seriously, I feel like I just came home and now I have to go back to school tomorrow. Oh well, time to get back to reality! But I do still have one full day left before leaving and I definitely intend to make the most of it!
-I've been waiting to read Golden until closer to it's May release date, but I just can't wait any longer. And it's so good so far! I can't wait to finish it up.
-I meant to work on my afghan so much more than I did this week, but I still want to squeeze in some time today to make some more headway on it.
-I snagged this Hairspray book from Goodwill for only $1! I was so thrilled. It's such a fun book and I absolutely love Hairspray, so I can't wait to look at it some more today.
-Baking is obviously an obsession of mine, and I got to bake a bit this week. I'd love to make one final thing today before going back to being without a kitchen.
-I got this super soft yarn a couple of months ago and still don't know what to make with it. There is definitely some quality time between me and Ravelry in the very near future.
-I am so obsessed with the dinosaur mug I got at Goodwill for only 50 cents. It's so cute! I can't wait to drink some tea from it while watching Titanic. Nothing like drinking out of an adorable mug while watching the adorable Leonardo.
That's what I've got planned for my last day of relaxation! I hope you guys all have a great weekend as well :)
Friday, March 15, 2013
It's no secret that I'm a bookworm. I wish I could spend my whole entire life reading, but sadly life gets in the way. It's been so nice to be able to read so much over spring break and I've been getting so many more great books that my TBR list is just miles long. I've got some really great books lined up to read next, though, and I thought I'd share them with you.
What's on my TBR List...
Fair Play by Dierdre Martin
Forbidden Sister by VC Andrews
The More You Ignore Me by Jo Brand
Paper Towns by John Green
Golden by Jessi Kirby
The Mapmaker's War by Ronlyn Domingue
Just looking at these pretty books makes me so excited. I've got a great mix of genres and some books by my favorite authors, so I can't wait to get into them. Jessi Kirby is one of the best writers ever and I absolutely adore her YA contemporary books. And I've heard fantastic things about John Green, so I've got really high expectations for Paper Towns. Of course, I have to have a juicy sport romance in the mix. Who doesn't love some yummy hockey players?
So if you can't tell, I'm really excited to get some reading done in the next week. Have you ever had that feeling where you couldn't wait to read a book that it's all you thought about? Haha, well that happens to me all the time. And I am obsessed with the covers of all of these books. Yes, I'll admit, I'm a cover snob and if the cover looks good, I'll more likely than not pick up the book to read. Can you blame me?
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Oh my gosh, is it Friday already? No! That means that the week is over and I'll be heading back to school on Sunday. As much as I love school, it's been so nice being able to relax this past week. I've been reading so much and just trying to have a stress free week. But it's soon back to reality, which means papers need to get done and projects need to be finished. Let's hope things don't get too stressful as reality sets in.
1) These Sesame Street cupcakes have got to be the cutest cupcakes ever!
2) How awesome are these Harry Potter bracelets? I would love to have them!
3) It's the perfect pi pie for pi day yesterday. 3.141592653589793238462643383....
4) Yummmm. I'm so obsessed with red velvet, so these red velvet cupcakes look absolutely delicious.
5) I love these superhero mugs. Not only are they awesome because they're batman and superman, but they're also huge, which is perfect for morning cups of tea.
6) Oh my gosh, what kind of chocolate bar is this?? I'm drooling just looking at the picture.
7) This bedroom wall is so cute. It's absolutely perfect for a bedroom with the dream theme.
8) Mmmm, any dessert with Oreos is a must for me.
9) This friendship quote would be so cute to frame for a friend.
10) I really need to keep these words in mind when school starts stressing me out.
White Haute Cocoa Dress // Go For A Spike Cardigan // Camp Director Tote // Retro Rosie Earrings in Olive // Like Sew Necklace // Craft Fair Flare Flat in Cream
With St. Patrick's Day coming up, green seems to be everywhere. I don't own that much green, so I would absolutely love to have this outfit to wear for the holiday. Though I'm not Irish, who doesn't love getting dressed up and celebrating with family and friends?
And a sweater is a must in this weather. It was 69 degrees out on Sunday, but it snowed on Wednesday! Why is the weather so crazy in Ohio? I'm so ready for the cool, spring days where you don't need to put a billion layers on just to go out. I guess that just means I'll have to grab a warm cup of tea and burrow myself under blankets and not come out until the sun shines! Haha, but knowing Ohio, that may not be for a loooonnngggg time. Here's hoping for some warm weather to come and a very happy and green St. Patricks day :)
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Monday was quite a rainy day and I had no car since both of my parents needed theirs for work. I didn't fret, though, because I had quite a bit of things I wanted to get done that day. So I sucked it up and made a giant to-do list. I'm happy to say that despite the non stop rainy weather, I actually had a good day. Here's how I ended up spending it.
7 am // Time for a good old 4 mile run on the treadmill while watching Pirates of the Caribbean
8 am // Time for some yummy fiber one chocolate cereal and an even yummier book
9 am // Some tea to start off my morning just right
10 am // I decided to watch Becoming Jane while working on my chevron afghan
11 am // I spent some time finding cute prints online and printing them off for my desk area
12 pm // Time for lunch! I made myself a nice, healthy salad
1 pm // I pulled out some nail polish to paint my nails while reading for my Asian American Lit class
2 pm // My puppy decided to stop being anti-social and keep me company for awhile
3 pm // It rained literally ALL DAY
4 pm // I was admiring the yarn I just bought for a new chevron afghan. I can't wait to work on it once I'm done with the black and white one I'm working on now.
5 pm // I spent wayyy too much time on tumblr, reblogging pictures that I'm in love with
6 pm // The book I was reading at breakfast is so addicting! I just had to read some more.
7 pm // My sister texted me so I spent awhile chatting with her about my day and her classes
8 pm // After watching some tv with my parents, I holed up in my room for the rest of the night, reading and trying to clean some of my stuff from school up.
And that was how I spent my rainy Monday! Being stuck at home without a car didn't end up so bad after all :)