Friday, February 21, 2014

February's Birchbox


I have been dying to try out Birchbox for awhile now. Only $10 for a box full of fun samples? Yes please! My sister and I finally decided to go for it for their February US Weekly edition. Opening the box seemed like a sacred ceremony where we circled around the package and slowly extracted each goodie inside…

Doesn't seem like much, huh? Well, at least that's what I thought. I think that I had my hopes up way too high, because I was a little let down opening up this box. Let's go through what all I got:


Protect & Oil
This is the little bottle on the top left, and it's a hair oil that defends against UV rays, heat, and breakage. I'm pretty low maintenance with my hair, so I wasn't too excited about this product. I let my hair air dry, put some Herbal Essence mousse in, and am good to go. I'm giving this to my sister since she blow dries her hair everyday. We'll see how it works out for her!

Truffle Therapy Serum: Boosting anti-aging serum
This serum is an antioxidant-rich truffle extract that helps smooth wrinkles and restore dull, parched skin. Too bad I'm a 20-year-old who doesn't have any wrinkles that need smoothing…so I wasn't too excited about this one either. I'm pretty sure Birchbox asked for my age in the survey, so why they would send me an anti-aging serum for wrinkles is beyond me. 

OPI Sheer Tints
Now this is what made the whole package for me. This little bottle is a tinted top coat that gives nails a wash of high-shine translucent color. I am a bit obsessive when it comes to nail polish and have been dying to try out OPIs new tint collection. And now I finally have a bottle to try out! I think the purple color is going to turn out gorgeous. I can't wait to try that product out. 

Hello perfume
This is a bottle of Hello perfume that is citrus with a little floral scent thrown in the mix. I love the packaging and I think it smells great. I'm not a big fan of florals, so I think the mixture of citrus tones down the florals and gives it a nice fresh scent. 

Harney & Sons Fine Teas
I love tea as well, so seeing two little bags to try out in my box made me very happy. I got White Vanilla Grapefruit and Paris, which both sound very intriguing. We'll see how they taste!

Overall, I was a bit disappointed in my first experience with Birchbox. While I was super excited about the OPI nail polish and teas, I don't even know if I'll use the other three products. They seem like samples you can get free with a makeup purchase, not specially picked samples for products that I'm bound to love. Based off this box, I don't know if I will continue on with my subscription for March. What about you guys? Have you tried out Birchbox or any other beauty boxes? Have you enjoyed what you received? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...