Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Craft Corner: Braided Cable Headband


I've had some left over orange yarn that I really wanted to use because I'm seriously obsessed with that color right now. To solve my problem, I went on to Ravelry and found this adorable pattern for a braided cable headband! It was absolutely perfect and I definitely had enough left over yarn to make one. So I sat down with a pair of needs, a cable needle, and my yarn and started to knit away :)

I love how this pattern turned out! And I'm even more in love with the color I used. I'm probably going to donate it to the hospital my knitting club makes things for, but that doesn't mean I still can't be proud of it! If I make this again, though, I'm definitely not going to make it as big as the pattern calls for because it's just a tad bit too big. It fits fine, I just prefer to have headbands be a little tighter than this one ended up being. Hopefully it will fit someone in need better! The best thing about this, too, was that it was a super quick and easy project. There are definitely more braided cable headbands in my future!

Because I've been watching so many movies lately, I have had a ton of time to catch up on knitting projects. I finished this headband, a scarf, and a cowl that I absolutely can't wait to share with you guys. So make sure you keep your eyes out for some more fun Craft Corner posts coming up this week! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cute! I need to practice knitting more because I can only knit straight scarves as of now.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous i wish i could knit but i don't think i have the paitience for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, knitting does take a lot of time! But the end product is always worth it in the end :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...