Monday, October 8, 2012

Craft Corner: Large Crocheted Bows

So I'm not sure if you remember, but last week I was completely obsessed with making these little crochet bows for my hair. Then, I was looking around Elycia's blog and completely fell in love with the crocheted bow she was wearing in one of her outfit posts. I decided it didn't look too hard and tried to make one myself! And now I'm obsessed with making these bigger beauties :)

I've never made my own pattern before, but here's how I decided to make my own version of Elycia's bow! 

Tools
-1 skein of yarn
-Crochet Hook: US I-9 (5.5mm)
-Yarn needle

Instructions
Ch 50
Row 1 Ch 1, sc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain across, turn
Row 2 Work sc in each stitch, turn
Rows 3-8 Repeat row 2
Fasten Off

Finishing
Fold finished piece in half and sew the seam with yarn needle. Then, cinch into a bow shape by wrapping extra yarn around the center about 15 times or until bow center is nice and snug. Tie the ends of the string together and tie into a double knot. Weave in ends. 


And tada! You have your finished large crocheted bow! You can add a bobby pin or larger clip to the back and it goes perfectly as a hair accessory! And once you make one, you'll want to make a million more in all different colors. Trust me, they're so addicting. 


1 comment:

  1. These are too sweet and I love how simple they are! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...