Monday, October 29, 2012

Wedding Jitters and Kate Middleton


Over the weekend, I got the chance to get away from school, go to my mom's hometown, and watch my cousin and his fiancé get married! The ceremony was so sweet and I was so happy to finally see them get married! Her wedding was fall colors, so lot's of warm browns, and it was just absolutely gorgeous! Both of them are avid Beatle's fans, so that was a large part of the wedding theme as well! I had a blast, but my favorite part of the wedding had to be picking out my outfit :)

Kate Middleton has such a beautiful sense of style, and when I saw this dress at Macy's, I immediately thought of her. The blue lace is classic and seems like something the Duchess of Cambridge would wear! So, of course, I knew I had to have it. Not to mention the dress was on sale for around $20! Yay for Macy's amazing deals! Anyways, the fun part came next: accessorizing. I was digging through my closet looking for a purse to wear with the dress and came across this super cute white beaded bag that I used to play with as a little girl when me and my sister dressed up. It's from my grandma's house and has been sitting in my closet for years. How had I let this beauty collect dust in my closet? I don't know! So I took it out and knew it was perfect for my outfit. I decided to add a little pearl necklace with a matching beret and my wedding outfit was good to go! 

I haven't been to that many weddings, so I forgot how magical they could be! The couple getting married was so absolutely perfect for each other and I couldn't help but tear up as the bride walked down the isle. Once they said their vows, exchanged rings, and kissed, they walked back up the isle to "All You Need Is Love" by the Beatles. It was so perfect! The reception was a blast full of delicious red velvet cake, an impeccable cookie table, yummy dinner, and overall good company. I couldn't help but think of how I wanted my own wedding to be....but that's not for a looonnnnggggg time. But a girl can dream! Haha, oh well. In the meantime, I wish a lifetime of happiness and love to the amazing newlywed couple :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...