Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall 2012 Vox Box

I was SO excited to be picked as a beauty blogger to receive Influenster's Fall 2012 Vox Box! In this box were a bunch of samples for me to review! And I love samples. So needless to say, I couldn't wait to rip into this baby and play with all of my goodies! Haha, here's what I got in my lovely box :)


1. NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact ($4.99)
I wear eyeshadow everyday, so I was super excited to find this NYC shadow in the box! I'm more of a one color kind of gal (I absolutely fail at using multiple shades to make a smokey eye) and this shadow works well for the individual colors! It did come with directions on how to use all of the colors together, but I was way too intimitated to try that out!

2. Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin
I normally don't use any kind of moisturizers, so I wasn't sure what I was really looking for with these. But they felt nice! Nothing really changed when I used them, so I don't think I'll ever use them again. 

3. Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream ($6.00 for 4oz bottle)
Tehe, I love that name! This hair cream is so awesome and it smells absolutely delicious. I tend to get frizzy hair when I let my curls air dry in the morning and I think this hair cream definitely tamed it down a bit! And I couldn't stop smelling my hair because the scent was so gosh darn good :)

4. Eboost ($28 for box of 20)
I am definitely NOT a caffeine/energy boosting person in any way, so I didn't try this one out. One sip of coffee makes my heart start racing and hands start shaking...yeah, so this didn't sound like something for me! Sorry!

5. Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit ($5.99)
I don't wear fake lashes either and I was super intimidated by the glue. I would probably end up ripping out all of my own lashes trying to work with these! So I didn't try these out either. The packaging is super pretty though and I would definitely try this out if I ever needed some fake lashes! 

6. Bath & Body Works Mini Candle ($3.50)
Now this has got to be the highlight of the box. I am OBSESSED with candles and I probably have 20 of Bath & Body Works mini candles at home. But I didn't have this scent! I was sent a Mahogany Teakwood candle and at first I was a little iffy about the smell. It's kind of a musky scent that reminds me a lot of men's cologne. But you know what? I love the smell of cologne. Haha, I don't know why but I do, so I've kind of grown to really like this candle! I'm happy I got to add it to my collection :)

7. Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin ($7.29) 
These hair pins are SO COOL! I've seen them in the store and have always been interested to see if they really work, so I was really excited to see them in my Vox Box. They were the first thing I opened and you know what? They actually work! If you twist your hair into a bun, then twist these two little pins in, your hair actually stays in place! Haha, I was so amazed! If you're interested in these, I would definitely recommend trying them out. They're really cool and actually do what they say they do! 


And that's my Vox Box review! I had so much fun going through my goodies and discovering fun, new things! And I even got a candle out of it :) Yay!! This was so much fun and I hope I can participate in something like this in the future! I hope you enjoyed seeing everything I got! There were a nice variety of things that held some very interesting surprises...and who doesn't love surprises? 


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...