Sunday, October 7, 2012

Apple Butter Weekend


This weekend was an insane one for me and, can I just say, I'm glad it's over. Weird, right? Haha, college has done some very weird things to me! Yesterday, I spent ALL DAY at a Quidditch tournament. And by all day, I mean we left at 5 am, drove 4.5 hours, played 4 games, drove another 4.5 hours, and got home around 10:30 pm. So yeah, that was a super long day! Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely fantastic and fun and I love my team to death. I just wouldn't have minded a little more sleep and a little less cold! But our team had a great bonding experience and I absolutely love them to death :)


These guys are honestly the best team a girl could ask for! So I guess giving up warmth and an entire Saturday to be with them was worth it :) We ended up finishing 1-3, but at least we won a game! It was the first time playing an official game for about 80% of the team (they're mostly freshman this year), so we definitely did better than expected! With a little more practice, we'll be a force to be reckoned with ;)

And now onto the Apple Butter! Going off of no sleep yesterday, I got up bright and early to help out with the festival going on right outside of campus. I helped stir the apple butter for the final two hours (it takes about 5 hours overall to make it) and it was so much fun! Even though it was super cold, I had the warm fire to heat me up and I stirred the huge pot of apples. I totally felt like I was in potions class or something and it was an awesome feeling :)

The best part about the morning, though? Eating the apple butter! I had to buy a jar to take home because I actually helped make it! And it tastes absolutely delicious. I can't wait to spend my fall days curled up in my room, eating some apple butter....

And that's what I've been up to this weekend! I'm so happy I finally have a chance to relax after classes tomorrow. I'll be able to catch up on everything I've been missing and plan some pretty awesome posts for the week! Hope you guys had a great weekend and are looking forward to your Monday as much as me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...