Saturday, April 28, 2012

Take me out to the ballgame


Hello everyone! I had such an awesome night last night because I went to my very first Cincinnati Reds game! For free! Woo hoo! I went with my service fraternity and all we had to do was collect bottles during the 7th inning stretch. I love baseball so much (I used to play softball, so it doesn't bore me like it does many other people) and I was so excited I got to go to the game for free! I put together a nice little collage of all the pictures I took while I was there :) 

It was super cold (okay, not super cold but still cold for it being spring) so that wasn't all that fun, but watching the game was awesome! The Reds aren't exactly the best team, but I still enjoyed watching the game. They ended up losing 6-2 to the Houston Astros (at least they were when we left when the 9th inning started). 

But oh my goodness, cleaning up the bottles was a surprise. They sell beer in the stands, so EVERYONE was drinking and it smelled so nasty. But, being the environmentally friendly gal that I am, I picked up peanut-shell-covered bottles from the floor in order to save our environment! It wasn't that bad, except some guy threw his chicken fingers and fries into our bag, then handed me his napkin like I was there to pick up all his trash. Ummmmm no. Haha, I had to take it back out of the recycling bag and the guy didn't care. Oh well, other than that we collected tons of bottles to recycle! Yay! 

So overall it was a fun night and I got to save the environment while watching America's favorite pastime :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Way to do your part! Your blog is gorgeous btw and I am so happy that I found it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...