Sunday, April 1, 2012

To Do List: #14


#14: Pull an all-nighter

That's right! I, Jessica, pulled my official first all-nighter at the age of 18 years old. At Miami, the Residence Hall Associate put on The Redhawk Hunt where teams of 12 players hunted on Miami's campus for 24 hours. At 7pm on Friday night, my team got a packet of 500 clues, where we had to solve them, then get our picture taken next to that building/place with the correct clue number and number of people it specifies to be in the picture in order to get the points. And I stayed up for the entire 24 hours until the game was over at 7pm Saturday night. 

Throughout the night, clues about secret idols hidden around campus were released to team members who  had to solve them, then let their team know the location the fastest. Once the team members knew the clue, they would sprint off to the location of the idol (the idols are worth extra points). I seriously felt like I was in the Hunger Games. I was jogging to every location, sprinting after idols in the dead of the night, and had so much adrenaline pumping that I never even felt tired. I was even sitting in a tree at one point while I was waiting before leaping off and sprinting to a dorm building to grab an idol. Good thing I'm training for a half-marathon and can run 9 miles straight because I REALLY needed my endurance to kick in then, and it did. 



At the beginning of the challenge, a Miami University faculty member was actually on The Amazing Race and talked to us about her experience. It was so amazing to hear about and I would absolutely LOVE to be on The Amazing Race! I have proven I can complete Miami's version of it, so why not try the real thing? Haha, I don't know if it will ever happen, but it's nice to know it's a possibility! 

We figure out who won the race next week (who received the most points), so keep your fingers crossed! But even if we don't win, I got one thing out of it: being able to cross something off of my too do list!

And that's my very first thing I can check off my to-do list! Woo too! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a beautiful day :) I'm gonna go do a celebration dance with the lovely boys from One Direciton...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...