Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ireland and the Cliffs of Moher


I'm so sorry I was MIA all weekend, but I was in Ireland for the past 3 days and had no computer. Instead, I spent the days wandering Dublin and the countryside, falling hopelessly in love with the beautiful country of Ireland. 

These pictures are all from Sunday, which was by far my favorite day I spent in Ireland. We took a bus trip that took us from Dublin at 7am, all the way across the country to the Cliffs of Moher, and then back to Dublin by 9:30pm. We made tons of stops in between at some castles, little towns, and beautiful landscapes of the country. There were so many sheep, cows, and horses everywhere, just hanging out on the land. The views were absolutely breathtaking and I would not mind at all being able to wake up every morning to such a beautiful sight. 

We stopped in Galway for an hour walking tour, and that is such a cute little town. I wish I could have stayed there all day, but the cliffs were waiting! We had about 1 1/2 hours to walk along the cliffs, which I was most looking forward to. That was where they filmed The Princess Bride as well as some of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The cliffs are so huge and I didn't have nearly enough time to walk along the entire thing, so by the time I figured out exactly where Westley climbed up the side of the cliffs in The Princess Bride, I definitely did not have time to walk out there (it was all the way at the end of the first picture). But I made sure to take a million pictures and just enjoy being at such a beautiful place where some of my favorite movies were filmed. 

I don't know what I was expecting, but I definitely did not expect to fall in love with Ireland as much as I did. I have never seen such a breathtaking place and being able to spend an entire day driving through the country, taking it all in, was simply magical. I'm already eagerly anticipating the day I get to go back, hopefully with my mom and sister. I know they'd just love it. I've got loads more to share, so make sure to stop by later throughout the week for more snapshots from my time in Dublin and Galway :) 

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget my first trip to Ireland, I'd never seen so much green in life! It's such a beautiful country with such beautiful people. You're making me a bit nostalgic!

    It looks like you're having a fantastic trip!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...