Monday, June 17, 2013

The Magical World of Harry Potter


This past friday, I had the most magical day of my life. The reason? Harry Potter London Studio Tour

I don't even know where to begin in describing how fantastic my day was at the studio of Harry Potter. Our tour was for 12:30 and we didn't end up leaving the studio until almost 4pm. There was so much to see! We got to see the Great Hall, Dumbeldore's office, Umbridge's office, the Gryffindor common room, Diagon Alley, the Hogwarts model, the Ministry of Magic, the Weasley's Burrow, Hagrid's Hut, the Potions classroom, Number 4 Privot Drive, the Night Bus, and so much more. 

To say that I was in heaven is the biggest understatement. I felt like a little girl on Christmas morning who got everything she could ever want. I learned so much about the making of the movies and being there felt so real. Walking down Diagon Alley and drinking Butterbeer on the Hogwarts bridge was such a surreal moment and I loved every single minute of it. At every set/prop station, there were signs that had passages from the book that describes whatever was being shown there. It is amazing how they used even the tiniest details from the book and brought it to life in the movie. 

I wish I could explain every little thing I saw, but that would take hours to write it all down. So I picked my favorite parts of the tour to share in pictures! I think the Butterbeer was definitely the best part, because it was the most delicious drink I've ever tasted. I can't wait to find a recipe and make my own when I get home. Then, I treated myself to a chocolate frog from the gift shop (it was pretty expensive, but I just couldn't resist) and got Godric Gryffindor's card! And the chocolate frog was really yummy :) 

Needless to say, the Harry Potter Studio Tour was magical and I'm still giddy just thinking about it. My eyes were so wide and my jaw was literally glued to the floor because I was in awe of everything I was seeing. I'm so happy I was able to experience the world of some of my favorite books of all time. It's definitely an experience I will never, ever forget. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...