Thursday, March 6, 2014

Purple Yarn and Confetti Stationary



It's finally the weekend! Well, for me it is. The best thing about college? Being able to have no classes on Fridays. So while I have a pretty full Monday and Tuesday (I have classes until 9pm both nights), my weekend can officially start at 2:20pm Thursday afternoon. I love having three days to relax and catch up on homework, blog work, and my reading list. I can't wait for the chance to get things done this weekend. Here's what I have planned...

-Continuing to journal. I've made an effort to journal more when 2014 started, and I have definitely kept up with that goal. I love being able to begin the day recording what's happening in my life and what crazy thoughts are floating through my head.

-I get to start off my Friday with a 10 mile run! This week is the 10 mile week for my half-marathon training, so I mapped out a 10 mile route on Map My Run and it is so long. My 9 mile run last week went really well, though, so hopefully it's not too bad!

-I got this purple yarn on sale over Winter Break at my favorite yarn shop Knitting Temptations. My mom and I got to attend the signing of Michelle Hunter from Knit Purl Hunter, so of course we had to buy some yarn while we were there. I think the color is so adorable and I can't wait to find a pattern to use it with.

-My nail polish is so chipped right now, so painting my nails is a definite must this weekend. I'm loving pastel colors right now, but I'm still debating between a pastel purple or a mint green polish for this week…

-Of course, I'll definitely be reading this weekend! I'm finishing a great book right now called Some Like it Wild by M Leighton and only have about 40 pages left. After that, I can't wait to dig into Deeper by Robin York. Just look at how gorgeous that cover is!

-I love writing letters and sending them through the mail. I bought a ton of the $1 stationary packs from Target that are just adorable. I'm planning on writing some letters to my sister and anyone else who comes to mind. There's just something about a handwritten note that is so magical…

That's my weekend! Some writing, reading, knitting, and lots of running. Maybe I'll finally treat myself to a Shamrock Shake after running my 10 miles…that'll definitely motivate me to run a bit faster. I hope you all have a fantastic Friday and great start to your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...