Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kitchen Krazy: Fluffy Snickerdoodles


Towards the end of the summer last year, my sister and I were obsessed with baking. We would bring in a new cookie to work almost every day. We love baking, but never wanted to eat an entire 24 batch of cookies ourselves, so bringing them to work was the perfect solution!

One cookie we decided to try out were snickerdoodles. I love cinnamon, but I have never actually made snickerdoodles before. I went through some of my favorite baking websites and found the perfect recipe on How Sweet It Is. It looked super easy and super yummy, so we decided to try it out!


Fluffy Snickerdoodles 
From How Sweet It Is
Makes 16-20 cookies

Ingredients 
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 F

2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

These cookies really are so fluffy and so delicious. And since I gave up chocolate for lent (I know, I'm crazy…) they're the perfect treat to satisfy my sweet tooth. Who knew making something so good could be so easy? I'm definitely making these again. Is tomorrow too soon? I'm already craving more…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...