Thursday, June 12, 2014

Craft Corner: Infinity Scarf


I got this incredibly beautiful purple and gray yarn on clearance from Knitting Temptations, which just so happens to be my favorite yarn shop. Whenever I buy yarn from the shop instead of JoAnn's or Michael's, I'm always very particular about what I want to make with it. I don't often splurge on yarn, so I make sure I find the perfect project to make with any yarn I end up buying from an actual yarn shop.

After a couple of hours of searching on Ravelry, I finally settled on the Infinity Scarf by Grace Alexander. I loved the basket-like texture and I thought the color of my yarn would look beautiful with the pattern. While it took me about three months of on and off knitting throughout the end of the school year to finally complete this project, I absolutely love my new, beautiful infinity scarf.


The best part of this pattern? It's absolutely free! You can download the pattern right here from Red Heart's website. The second best part about this pattern was definitely how simple it was! If you're a beginner knitter and want to try out a fun infinity pattern, then this would be the perfect pattern to start with. The pattern includes simply switching between knit and purl stitches and it's easy to follow as long as you keep track of what row you're on. I put this project down and picked it back up a lot throughout the three months I was slowly working on it, but I had no problem starting from where I had left off the week before.

I absolutely love how the color turned out as well. While it's not as big as long as I would have liked it (I ran out of yarn), I think it turned out pretty darn good! I can't wait until summer turns into fall and I can finally where my newly knitted scarves!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...