Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kitchen Krazy: Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies

As a baking fanatic, I am a huge fan of baking blogs. I even considered making my own until I realized I did not have the time nor the calories to intake to make a new baked good almost everyday to maintain that blog. But I still continue to adore baking blogs and love finding new recipes to try out. 

Out of the baking blogs I follow, Averie Cooks is one of my absolute favorites. My sister even bought me her cookbook Peanut Butter Comfort for our birthday last year, which I was super excited about. The other day, Averie posted a recipe for Soft and Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies and I about died when I saw them. I've never used Nutella in anything I have baked before, but I was definitely intrigued by how delicious her cookies looked. So, I decided to give it a try and boy, am I happy I did!

Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 11 Large Cookies

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)heaping 1/3 cup Nutella (stir well before adding)
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
1 cup white chocolate chips

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Directions

1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the butter, Nutella, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes. 

2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute. 

3. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the white and chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.

4. Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 11 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly. Tip - Strategically place a few chocolate chips right on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top.

5. Place mounds on a large plate or tray, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 5 days. Do not bake with unchilled dough because cookies will bake thinner, flatter, and be more prone to spreading.

6. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked and glossy in the center; don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don't use a rack.

7. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.


Wow, I am officially obsessed with these cookies. I loved making them into 11 big cookies. There's just something about eating a jumbo cookie that makes me feeling satisfied. Or maybe it's just the Nutella talking! These cookies turned out exactly how Averie said they would and I can't wait to make them again! Nutella, where have you been all my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...