Thursday, June 5, 2014

Craft Corner: No Fray Hair Ties


My sister and I love these elastic hair ties, but they are so expensive! Sure, it's nice that they don't leave lines in your hair and come in fun colors, but are they really worth paying $1 or $2 a piece? When I saw a tutorial for them from Hey Wanderer, I new I had to try them out!

Supplies
Fold over elastic
Scissors
Ruler
Lighter

Directions
1. Cut the elastic to 9" for a ponytail or 1/2 yard for a headband. If you want a looser headband, add about 1" more to the 1/2 yard.

2. Fold the elastic over and tie the end into a knot. Tighten the knot, but be sure to pull it towards the end.








3. Cut the end at a slant.

4. Take the lighter and run it along the edge of the slant you just cut. Do not get too close to the flame, but close enough so that the heat can melt the edge and seal it.





Ta da! You have brand new headbands and hair ties made in any color you want! I bought my elastic from JoAnn's, but you can definitely buy some cheaper from here and here (thanks Hey Wanderer for the links!). My favorite is by far my black sparkly headband and I can't wait to wear it with my purple pony tales. I'm going to have to buy some more colors so I can mix and match!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...