Monday, August 25, 2014

The Jesse McCartney Concert (aka the best night of my life)

For the past 10 years, Jesse McCartney has always been one of my favorite singers. From the good old days of Beautiful Soul to the more recent Superbad, I have obsessed over all of his songs. I've had the same poster of him in my room since 6th grade and couldn't even dream of ever taking it down. When I saw that he was coming to Cincinnati in August, less than an hour drive from where I go to school, there wasn't a question in my mind that I wasn't going to go. My sister and I bought our tickets and waited for the day that I would finally hear Jesse sing in person. 

My sister and I waited for an hour and a half in line so that we could get as close to the stage as possible. While we weren't right up against the stage, we had decent spots about six people back. And since so many girls are fans of Jesse as opposed to guys, everyone in the crowd was about as tall as us, so we rarely had an issue with seeing Jesse on stage. The only problem? The place was hot. Super hot. Seriously, I think that the air conditioning was broken because everyone was drenched in sweat and the two opening acts and Jesse said that heat was just killing them. Their clothes were completely drenched too, but that didn't stop them from giving an amazing performance. 

A band called The Heydaze were the first to perform and they were pretty good! I love boy bands, so I really enjoyed their songs. A girl named Guinevere performed next and her voice kind of reminded me of Gwen Stefani. She was pretty good too, but I was dying to see Jesse and get out of that unbearably hot room. Finally, Jesse came on around 9:45 and the moment he stepped on stage, I knew that the heat and hours of waiting were totally worth it. 

Having been a fan of Jesse for ten years, I know pretty much every single one of his songs. I was so excited when he came out singing both old and new releases, most of which were my favorites. And when he sat down at the piano to sing The Other Guy, which is my absolute favorite song from his new album, I about died of happiness. For most of his songs, Jesse had two backup dancers to dance with him as he dazzled the crowd with his adorable smile and flirtatiously knowing looks. He was on stage for a good hour and it felt like 10 minutes had passed. Seriously, I could have watched him sing and perform forever. And when he sang Beautiful Soul at the end? I literally got goosebumps. I don't go to concerts that often, but I couldn't pass up the chance to see Jesse. And I fell even more in love with him than my 14-year-old self ever was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...