Thursday, August 14, 2014

Growing Up With Robin Williams


It was very sad to learn that Robin Williams passed away the other day. So many of my friends on Instagram and Facebook were posting images of him and quotes from the movies he's been in. As I was looking at their posts, I realized that he has been in so many movies that I've grown up on. His movies have been absolutely phenomenal and I still love them as much as the first time I saw them. 

I can't believe this movie came out the year I was born. I don't even remember the first time I saw this movie, but I know I have seen if far too many times. Even now, when it comes on tv, I have to stop what I'm doing so that I can watch it. 

I know that he wasn't technically in this movie, but he his voice made the Genie come alive and was by far one of my favorite parts of the movie. I haven't seen this movie in forever and recently watched it again on Disney. Boy, did I forget a lot! I had no idea that Jasmine seduced Jafar and actually kissed him in order to distract him. A bit more risqué than I remembered!

As a future English teacher, this movie absolutely touched my heart and I have not forgotten it since the moment I first watched it in high school. There are so many quotable moments and Robin Williams' character inspired me so much to touch the lives of my students as much as he touched the lives of his students. Oh Captain, my Captain! 

This was another movie that I can't even remember the first time I watched, but I do know that I have seen it probably a hundred times. We owned this movie on VHS and there was just something magical about Peter Pan having grown up and returning to Neverland as an adult. He made life seem so magical and not so bad after all. 


While we lost a beloved actor, we are able to keep his beloved movies. Thanks for a great childhood full of your quirky, magical, and funny films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...