Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Craft Corner: Zoo Animal Painted Canvas

For my sister's birthday present, I decided to make her a purple elephant canvas to put up in her apartment at school. She loves elephants and her favorite color is purple, so I thought that it would be perfect for her! Of course I couldn't just make one for her and not me, so I decided to make a pink giraffe canvas for myself and love how it turned out! 

Zoo Animal Painted Canvas

Materials
-Blank canvas
-printed animal silhouette (I used the image from here)
-Acrylic Paint
-Paint Brush

Directions 
1. Print out the silhouettes in a size that will fit your canvas and cut out the silhouette
2. Put tape on the back of the silhouette and place on the canvas in desired space


3. Paint the canvas and on top of the image in your choice of acrylic paint. I recommend painting around the edges of the paper image right away because my began to curl due to the paint. If you paint it right away instead of pieces at a time, your edges will be a lot cleaner.
4. Take off the image and let the paint dry. You may need to do two coats if the color is lighter. I did one coat of paint for the purple one, but the pink needed two coats.
5. Display your new painted canvas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...