Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kitchen Krazy: Fudgey Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Last week, I was absolutely craving brownies. I don't even remember the last time I had eaten a brownie, but all I knew was that I wanted one that was fudge, chocolatey, and delicious. After searching around online, I found a recipe from Something Swanky that looked absolutely delicious. Since I came down with a cold on Wednesday (I know, who has a cold in summer?), my sister decided to make a batch for me and, after one bite, I was in heaven. 

Fudgey Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Ingredients 
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chunks or chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
  2. Beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
  3. Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix in the baking soda.
  4. Mix in the chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon or spatula.
  5. Once the batter forms (it will be thick), scrape it into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan.
  7. Serves 9-12.

Did I mention how perfect these brownies are? We couldn't even eat them the first day we baked them because they were that fudgey. Once we let them sit overnight, though, the chocolate chips had hardened and gave them the form they needed to come out of the pan in one piece so that we could devour them. And devour them we did. We made our brownies in an 8x8 dish because we like them nice and thick. I can't wait to make these again! While I don't make brownies very often, I've definitely found my go-to recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...