Friday, August 29, 2014

Weekend Plans [8/29-8/31]

Wow, what a week. I'm always excited for the first week back at school, but I tend to forget what always comes with that: Homework. I've been back for five days and I already have a ton of reading and writing to do. Good thing I'm in a major I love because my classes really aren't that bad, so the homework is interesting, just time consuming. Thankfully, though, I have a nice four day weekend ahead of me to work on my classwork while still having some fun of my own. And by fun I mean crocheting, watching movies, and reading some books. 

Plan My Life My brother and his fiancĂ© bought me and my sister Lily Pultzer planners for our birthday and I am in love. My entire life is in this planner and I am obsessed with writing down every little detail of my life in it. And just look at how cute it is! How could I not love it? 

Read The Virgin Suicides One of the classes I was most excited to begin is my class on contemporary fiction. I've known what books we were going to read this semester for about a month, which made me even more excited for the class. The first book we're reading is The Virgin Suicides and I absolutely love that book (I read it last year on my own). I can't wait to see how our discussion goes on Wednesday. 

Crochet a Granny Square Blanket After finally finishing my chevron afghan, my sister told me she wanted a blanket too. Being the amazing sister that I am, I told her if she gave me the yarn and the pattern, I'd make her the blanket. I've only finished four squares, but I'm already in love with the colors she's chosen. It's going to be so hard to part with this blanket when I'm done. 

Write to My Sister Going back to school is always hard because that means being 4 hours away from my sister. We were used to being together 24/7 during the summer, so it always feels a bit lonely when we head our separate ways to school. I love to writer her letters to remind her how much I miss her and love her. 

Plan Jane Austen Book Club This past Wednesday, my school's Mega Fair took place and I had a table for both my knitting club and my book club to recruit Freshman to join. Next week are our information meetings and I hope people come! We get to plan our semester of knitting and reading and I couldn't be more excited to meet new people who love those two hobbies as much as I do. 

Watch Movies Of course, as soon as I moved into my apartment I had to stop by the local library. I picked up about 6 movies to watch this weekend and An American In Paris was one of them. After seeing Sunday In New York, I've had this itch to watch other old movies. Hopefully it's a good one!


As my first full weekend as a college senior, I think I've got enough to keep me occupied until Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...