Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What I Wore: I Do BBQ

Tank Top- JCPenny | Shorts- Old Navy | Shoes- Forever 21 

This past weekend, my family headed up to my brother's fiancé's home for their "I Do BBQ" to celebrate their engagement. My sister and I were so excited to bake up some macarons, mini red velvet cupcakes, and mile high marshmallow bars to take as dessert for their party. The sweet treats were a hit and my brother's fiancé loved them, which made us so happy. We were able to help out her family setting everything up and then hung out with the rest of her family, getting to know our soon to be family! While the wedding isn't for another two years, I can't wait for them to finally get married.  

For the barbecue, they decorated the backyard with tables, paper lanterns, pictures of the couple, and mason jars full of roses. It was adorable! When it got dark enough, we lit paper lanterns and released them into the sky, which was beautiful and just like Tangled, which is one of my favorite Disney movies. The invitation said to dress casual, but it was an engagement party, so my sister and I still made sure to dress up a bit. I am obsessed with the purple tank top I got from JCPenny. The lace detail on the sleeve area is so pretty and I absolutely love the color. Also, it was the perfect outfit to move around in and play some corn hole with my family. I think that the party ended up being the perfect beginning to a long engagement journey. Hopefully the couple has many, many great years ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...