Monday, July 9, 2012

Craft Corner: DIY sweatshirt pocket


I saw this on Pinterest the other day and knew I had to make it! I finally had time to go to Walmart today and buy a sweatshirt for only $5! Then, I had some leftover fabric from a skirt I made and cut that into a pocket! 

 

I measured the pocket of one of my mom's shirts to get an idea of what size I wanted to make the pocket. Then, I just folded the sides over until I had it to the size I wanted it and ironed down the corners. Once the corners were down, I pinned it to the sweatshirt and tried it on first to see how it looked. It took a couple of tries, but I finally got the pocket to the right position and sewed it on! And now I have a fantastic new sweatshirt that no one else has!! The best part? It's my school colors! So I can wear it at school and it will be perfect for football games and such. This was a super fast and easy (not to mention super cheap) way to turn an ordinary sweatshirt into an adorable new outfit! I'm definitely making some more of these :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...