Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Cleaning


So I kinda missed Spring Cleaning. By a lot. My room has been a mess ever since I've started working and I finally had time to organize it! My desk looks 10 times better than it did this morning and I finally organized stuff the way I've wanted to! 

1) My stuff is finally off my scattered desks and into their assigned places. College/pen pal things go in the top two drawers of my little organizer, then pens/pencils go in the bottom. I got rid of two of the three pencil cups on my desk by moving them all today. Yay for declutering! 

2) My room even smells yummy now! These candles were on sale at Bath and Body Works for only $1, so of course I had to pick some up. S'mores is by far my favorite scent :)

3) All of my yarn is organized! Before, I had some strewn about and in a million different bags, but I finally cleared out space beneath my desk to put my bin and basket of yarn. I love it being here because it's not sticking out in my room and I can fit my yarn there! 

4) I have books EVERYWHERE so it was really hard to keep up which books I had to review for my other blog. Since I got rid of the two pencil cups, which kids had taken up a lot of room, I had space to stack up my review books! So now I have them right in front of me on my desk, reminding me that I have to read them all! Haha, nothing like a little motivation to help me get things done this summer :)

And that's basically all I've been doing today! I absolutely love the feeling of my room being clean, so I'm so happy I was finally able to get all of the clutter out of my room! It's not perfect yet, but I know I can finish up the last bit as soon as I'm done with this post! So now I'm off to clean again! Who knew I'd be so happy about it? Hope you guys have a fantastic rest of your weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. I applaud you! I started a kitchen remodel and have completely ignored the rest of my house! Love your blog and I look forward to your future posts!

    Stopping by from Follow Me #3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bad about organizing my books. I buy books and magazines, and then they go in piles, or cubbies, to be sorted through and read later. There's always a later, and I end up never reading them, and buying more, so they get buried.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...