Tuesday, October 14, 2014

10 Things Making Me Happy




What is up with this gloomy weather? It was rainy yesterday and today and is supposed to rain for the next two days. What happened to the crisp fall weather that had finally started to show up? I don't need rain! On my way home from class today, it was absolutely pouring and my backpack got soaked…but nothing inside was damaged, thank goodness. I've been holed up in my room ever since and thankfully the rain has stopped in time for me to go to my weekly knitting meeting. Hopefully it isn't too bad the next couple of days! Here's what's been keeping me happy throughout this dismal rainy weather...

1. Turning in huge assignments I had been working on for weeks. Today, I had a 20 pages recommendation report and an English midterm due and I had been working on those assignments for over two weeks. It feels so good to have them turned in and finally off my chest.

2. Wearing new clothes. I wore my new Mickey Mouse baseball tee on Monday and it made the gloomy day just a little bit brighter.

3. Painting my nails. I love changing up my nail color and when my dark purple started to chip literally the day after I painted them, I decided to take it off and paint them "Fuchsia Power" pink. They're so fun!

4. Having classes cancelled. Tomorrow, I normally have two classes but somehow they both got canceled, so now the only thing I have school-wise is my weekly movie viewing at 6pm. Even then, we're watching Singin' in the Rain, which is a fantastic movie, so it's definitely going to be a good day!

5. Planning a weekend at home. I head home on thursday and I've been planning out the three days I'll have with my family. We've already planned to go to Olive Garden for lunch, see Gone Girl, and go out to breakfast with my brother and his fiancé. I can't wait!

6. Meeting Emily Giffin at Books by the Banks in Cincinnati this weekend. I completely obsessed over her when I was talking to her and she just laughed and called me sweet. Haha, but she was so sweet herself and it was amazing getting to meet her, along with some of my favorite YA authors.

7. Finding delicious recipes I want to try. I found these Coffee Cake Muffins on Pinterest and can't wait to try them out.

8. Receiving pictures of my book mail from my mom. I have all of my books that publishers send me sent home since I don't trust my mail in a college town. My mom opens them all for me and sends me pictures in case there's anything time sensitive I'm sent. This past Friday, 8 books came for me in one day and I loved seeing all of the pretty covers that my mom texted me.

9. Looking at bookish Instagram photos. I've started following more and more Instagram accounts dedicated to photographing books and they're just so pretty!

10. Visiting a massive thrift store for the first time. I've heard about the thrift store near my college town ever since I started school, but I've never actually made the 30 minute trip there to check it out. I finally drove there last weekend and it was amazing. Seriously, I could have stayed there for hours and the prices were unbelievable! I already can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...