Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Top 10 Halloween Movies


I know that Halloween isn't for another three weeks, but seeing as Halloween candy and decorations have been in stores for the past two  months, I thought it was acceptable to share my favorite movies to watch during October. I'm definitely not a scary movie kind of girl, so most of my Halloween movies are the adorable Disney movies that I watched over and over again as a kid. They made Halloween so fun and aside from getting tons of candy from Halloween, the movies were one of my favorite parts of the holiday.

1. Hocus Pocus
I'm pretty sure this is everyone's go-to Halloween movie. I mean, who doesn't love this movie!? The Sanderson sisters are fantastic and I love the whole storyline. The part where they sing "I Put a Spell On You"? Definitely my favorite scene.

2. Halloweentown
This is another one of my go-to Halloween movies, especially because they play it on Disney pretty much 24/7 during October. I pretty much grew up on the Halloweentown series, but the first one will always be my favorite. And what's up with them completely replacing the actress for Marnie in the fourth movie? That was so not okay.

3. Harry Potter and the Scorcerer's Stone
Troll! In the dungeon! Haha, the Halloween part of this movie is one of the coolest Halloween scenes ever. The candles all over the ceiling and the troll coming in from the dungeon and almost killing Hermione in the girl's bathroom? Classic.

4. Mom's Got a Date With a Vampire
Oh my gosh, my sister and I loved this movie when we were younger. I don't know why, but it was just such a cool idea that the kids had to save their mom from dating a vampire and that the dad from Lizzie McGuire ends up being the vampire hunter that saves the day in the end. You can't get more Disney than that.

5. The Little Vampire
I almost completely forgot about this movie until I came across a list of kid friendly Halloween movies. This was probably one of the first vampire movies I ever saw and it is just too adorable for words. The little boy and his vampire friend are so cute and I love how they get along super well even though it's not normal for humans and vampires to be friends.

6. The Goonies
While this isn't exactly a movie about Halloween, it's still a fantastic scary story that has a little bit of adventure thrown into the mix. There are definitely moments that freaked me out as a kid, but it's easily one of my favorite movies now.

7. The Birds
I watched this one for the first time a couple of years ago and it is so scary. While a movie about birds may seem harmless, there's absolutely no reason why these birds attack this town. No reason at all. I think that's the scariest part of this entire movie.

8. The Silence of the Lambs
This one is probably one of the most psychologically scary movies I've ever seen. Seriously, a guy kills women and then makes a suit out of their skin so that he can cross-dress? That's so disturbing! And Jodie Foster has to try to find this guy by consulting with Hannibal Lector, one of the most infamous serial killers of all time? Freaky.

9. Psycho
Of course, I have to throw another Hitchcock film into the mix, and this one is the most notorious film for have a psychotic main character, hens the title. As one of the most classic scary movies in film history, I had to include it!

10. Casper Meets Wendy
This is another movie that I grew up on and my sister and I loved it so, so much. It was just so much fun and we loved how Hilary Duff was a witch! Who wouldn't want to be her, an awesome witch with a ghost as friendly as Casper as a best friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...