Saturday, September 15, 2012

Kitchen Krazy: Hershey Bar Cake


Oh the joy of college baking! I initially wanted to make Symphony Brownies, which are brownies with a layer of Symphony Chocolate bars in the middle. My mom makes them all the time and they are the most delicious brownies ever. Sadly, when I went to the market right by my dorm, they had NO BROWNIE MIX and no symphony bars. Well great. The two main ingredients I need are not there. So, I decided to improvise and got a box of Devil's Food Cake mix and hershey bars instead! And, seeing as it's almost impossible for me to have eggs without having to buy an entire carton, I decided to get creative :)


I found that on Hungry Girl's Website you can make cake from a box with just the dry mix and diet coke! I thought that sounded easy enough, so I decided to try that method out! And you know what? It turned out so well!


I mixed up the dry mix with 1 1/2 cups of Diet Coke (the equivalence of a 12 oz can) and poured half of it in the pan. 


Then I broke up the Dark Chocolate Hershey Bars (because they're my favorite! You can use normal Hershey bars if you want) and poured the rest of the batter on top until all of the bars were covered. I baked the cake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (like the back of the box said) and out came a deliciously moist cake with a nice dark chocolate surprise on the inside! 


I'm so happy with how my cake turned out! I brought it to my Quidditch Team Bonding party and it was a hit! Sadly, there weren't any leftovers to take home, but I guess that means I'll have to make it again soon! I really want to try out the Diet Coke with brownie mix to see how those turn out! So maybe I'll try that next! But for now, if you don't have any eggs or vegetable oil to use for cake, Diet Coke is definitely a great alternative! Not only is it super easy to find, but it saves some calories too! It gives you a delicious chocolate treat that you don't feel too guilty eating :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...