Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kitchen Krazy: Pink Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies


Being able to go home for labor day means one thing: FINALLY having a kitchen to use! I had a ton of things I wanted to make, and these Pink Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies were definitely at the top of my list! I found a recipe for them on Pinterest, but the reviews pointed me to a better recipe, so I checked out the reviews for both of the recipes. I ended up using the recipe from Tablespoon.com and it worked out so well! I know I should have added more red dye to make the cookies more pink, but the light pink coloring is still super cute!

 

First, I made the cookie dough like the recipe said, then gradually added in drops of Red Gel Food Coloring until the dough was a nice pink color. I was afraid that the cookies would turn out too red, so I didn't add as much coloring as I should have. If you want to make these, definitely make sure that the pink is a nice, dark pink so that they don't lighten too much in the oven! 

After I added all of the coloring I needed, I stirred in the chocolate chips (definitely the best part!)! 


The pink is a little more defined in this picture, but I scooped them all onto a cookie sheet and popped them into the oven! Not only do they look adorable, but they taste so good! These cookies were simple and the result is just perfect! I would definitely recommend these to anyone who loves to bake and isn't afraid of a little color ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...