Sunday, November 4, 2012

Craft Corner: Intertwisted Cowl


I absolutely love doing the knit alongs from Knit Purl Hunter and when I saw that this month's pattern was for a cowl, I got SUPER excited. Cowls are my favorite thing to make, especially in the cold months, so I couldn't wait for this one to start! 

I had my mom pick up some adorable Simpliworsted burgundy yarn and I was all set to go! Each week, Michelle would reveal the next step to the pattern until the final step was revealed after four weeks! I love running to my computer Thursday morning to see what the next step is...and I'm absolutely in love with the yarn I picked for this project, so I couldn't wait to finish it! 

As the project went on, I wasn't sure how much I was going to like this one. Three different strands braided together? But in the end, I really do love how it turned out! I wore it the day after I finished it and actually got comments from people about how cute it was! That's always a good feeling :) Since it was freezing outside, it served both as an accessory and a necessity against the chilly wind! Overall, this project turned out to be a fantastic, adorable cowl that I can't get enough of wearing. The color is gorgeous and the yarn is super soft. Not to mention the whole knit along experience made this a mysterious project that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...