Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Confidence Project #2- Knit in a public place on campus


I've knitted in public before, but never alone because I've always been scared of getting looks from people. Yeah, I know I shouldn't care what people think of me, but if I'm just sitting there knitting in the middle of campus, it's a bit weird. I never had a problem meeting in a public place for knitting club because there were a bunch of us and it was fun, not awkward. Knitting by myself is a whole other story. 

I decided to make this a goal for my Confidence Project because I knew that was the only way I'd have the guts to do it. And you know what? I did it! I sat down in the basement of King Library (right by the King Cafe, which is probably the busiest place on campus), grabbed a table, and got set up. I brought along the supplies for a headband one of my friends wanted me to knit her as well as my computer to watch some Downton Abbey! 

I expected to have a lot more anxiety than I actually did when I was knitting. As soon as I started my project, I kind of forgot about everyone and got immersed in the episode of Downton Abbey that I was watching. I'm still on the first season, but that show is so awesome! I think that helped a lot with making me comfortable just sitting amongst studying college students, knitting with my baby pink yarn. I would have taken more pictures of me actually knitting, but there were people sitting right behind me, so I felt like I would have looked weird taking pictures of myself...haha maybe that should be my next challenge! But seriously, this was actually more fun than I thought and I'm so happy I got to do it! I only stayed for about 20 minutes because silly me forgot a cable needle, so I could only go so far on the project I was knitting. Maybe there will be another chance for me to knit some more in public! But I think I'll drag along a knitting buddy because knitting is much more fun when you have other people there to enjoy it with :)

That's another confidence task down! I wonder which one I should choose next...



1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog! I am nominating you for the Liebster Award. Learn more here: http://seelovemake.blogspot.pt/2012/12/the-liebster-award-is-given-by-bloggers.html

    Love, Rita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...