Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Pie and Christmas Decorations

The holiday season has finally arrived and I could not be more excited! I had a wonderful day with my amazing family eating wayyyy too much food. Despite the huge mistake of absolutely stuffing myself with delicious good, it was a pretty awesome day! I got a lot done in the past couple of days...

-Run a 5k I ran the Turkey Trot 5k Thanksgiving morning and it went so well! I finished in 22:54, which completely baffled me. I had no idea I could do it that fast! I got a super cute long sleeve shirt from the race and got a personal pumpkin pie for finishing within the first 260 finishers. After running this race, I felt so amazing! Nothing like knowing you can finish 3.2 miles in only 23 minutes is a really good feeling :)

-Knit some Christmas presents Being a knitter, there's definitely a whole other world of Christmas presents that are possible. This year is the first Christmas I'll have as a knitter, so I'm definitely going to be using my skills to create fun presents for my loved ones! Right now, I'm making a Harry Potter scarf for my Quidditch secret santa. I'm so excited to see how it turns out! 

-Put up Christmas Decorations Every Black Friday my family puts up our Christmas decorations, so I've been enjoying a very bright day today! We put the tree up, all the stockings, and the rest of the random decorations all around the house. Putting up the tree is definitely my favorite; we put Die Hard on the TV and cram as many ornaments on the tree as we can. It's absolutely fantastic and I love our tree so much! I'm so excited to spend the next month with such a pretty tree in the house!

And that's how my holiday week has been so far! Sounds awesome right? Well, it does to me! Running, eating, and decoration. Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your fantastic finish in the Turkey Trot!! Also, I think it is so great that you are going to hand knit gifts this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...