Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Craft Corner: Starboard Socks


I've been wanting to make a pair of thick, cozy socks for awhile now, but I never get around to making any. When I found the pattern for these starboard socks on Ravelry, I was just itching to make them. They just looked so cozy and fun! The technique of holding two strands of yarn together creates such a cool effect and I knew the pink and blue would be absolutely perfect together. Mmmmm, now I want to eat some cotton candy :)

I was a little scared going in because it's a sock and I've only made one pair of socks with size 1 needles. These used size 10 and I wasn't sure how the size would turn out with the Red Heart Super Saver Yarn. Well, I had nothing at all to worry about! These were so much fun to make and I love how they turned out. Too bad it's almost summer now, though! I guess I'll wear them around the house for now. But I know come winter next year, I'm wearing these adorable socks every chance I can! I can't wait to experiment with other colors and see how many other pairs I can make.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...