Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kitchen Krazy: Healthified Strawberry Pie

On Easter, my family always goes all out for our Easter meal of the day. Normally we have a lunch/dinner around 2 or 3 pm, but since me and my sister had to be at our respective schools by Sunday night, we decided to have an Easter lunch at around 11 am instead. For lunch, my mother was in charge of making a delicious meal while my sister and I took charge of dessert. 

As always, my mother made a wonderful lunch with honey ham, au grautin potatoes, corn, broccoli, and rolls. My sister and I spent hours online looking for the perfect dessert until we finally settled on our favorite Healthified Strawberry Pie. We figured we would be having chocolate pretty much all day thanks to the Easter bunny, so we went for a non-chocolate dessert that our mom had discovered at Christmastime. And it was "healthified," so we used fat free cream cheese, fat free yogurt, and fresh strawberries. Finding places to cut calories is definitely helpful on a candy filled day like Easter! The recipe is from Betty Crocker and it was so easy to do. We whipped up the pie on Saturday night, stored it in the fridge, and it was ready to eat by Easter afternoon!

To say I'm in love with this pie is definitely an understatement. It is so sweet and the chocolate drizzle still gives the chocoholic in me the chocolate I'm always craving. This pie went so fast and, as always, left me wanting more. Who knows, maybe we'll decided to make this again for the next holiday! I'll definitely be dreaming about it until then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...