Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kitchen Krazy: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Banana FroYo

It's no secret that I love sweets. But with the new year, one of my resolutions is eating healthier, which means laying off the chocolate and cupcakes. The only problem is that I can't live without chocolate. So when I saw the recipe for this peanut butter, chocolate, and banana froyo, I knew I had to try it out. The recipe is so easy and it didn't take that long at all to make it. 

Ingredients
2 containers (6 oz) of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, put in an ice cube tray and frozen
2 ripe bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
4 teaspoons of peanut butter
4 teaspoons of chocolate chips

Directions
In a blender or food processor, combine the frozen yogurt cubes and banana pieces. Scrape down sides every minute for three minutes. Add peanut butter and blend mixture on high until it is a creamy, ice cream substance. Stir in the chocolate chips. Eat it up! 

--------------------

This turned out a bit more liquid than I had hoped (it was not at all an ice cream texture) but I think that's because I used normal yogurt instead of greek yogurt. Maybe the added thickness of the greek yogurt would have held the mixture together better. Nevertheless, this turned out absolutely delicious! I love peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate, so adding them all together made a really yummy snack. The best part? There's only 159 calories per half cup! A healthy snack full of my favorite ingredients is the best way to brighten up my day. I added a little bit of magic shell on top and it was just the perfect touch to this delicious dessert. I'll definitely be making this froyo again in the future!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...