Sunday, January 13, 2013

Leaving Is the Hardest Part


I always try to keep my posts upbeat and happy, but the truth is I'm not that upbeat 24/7. Especially on days like today. I love my family to death so it's really hard being away from them (I came back to school today after Winter Break). The problem though, is that I don't realize how much I'm going to miss my family until they're not with me anymore. I go to school about two hours away from home, so I normally only go home for about one weekend every three or four weeks. But coming from such a close family, that feels like an eternity.

I was so pumped to go back to school this morning because I was excited to see all of my friends, but none of them come even close to comparing to my family. As soon as my dad dropped me off and left to go back home (without me), I was just hit by this sense of loneliness. I had just spent the past four weeks inseparable from my sister and seeing my parents every single day. Now, I know that I won't be able to see them again for at least three weeks. Maybe I'm feeling so crappy because my roommate hasn't come back yet and classes haven't started, so I have nothing to distract me, but gosh darn it I miss my family.

I'm sorry for such a depressing post, but that's just how I'm feeling. I want my sister to sit with and watch The Golden Globes and judge what everyone's wearing and yell at the TV for choosing the wrong winners as usual. I want my puppy to lay with when I feel like doing absolutely nothing else. I want my parents to play rummy with for hours at a time. It's just weird being alone again after spending so much time surrounded by the people I love. I'm sure I'll be back to my happy self tomorrow, having nervous butterflies in my stomach over the first day of school again. Right now, though, I just want my family. But, I'm a big girl who needs to learn how to be on her own. So I'm going to suck it up, remind myself how lucky I am to go to school here, and be ready to face the day with a new attitude. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I've gone through a similar situation and can defiantly relate, but trust me when I say it will get better, I promise :)I hope you all the best and wish you all the luck in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up! You wouldn't know how much you appreciated them if they weren't around every now and again. Good luck with the first day back.

    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...