Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions and Revolutions

It's 2013, and that means a whole new list of resolutions for the new year! I've come up with quite a few, so hopefully I can get them done!

Lose 10 pounds I know losing weight for the new year is cliche, but it's something I really need to do! I weighed 120 this summer, but between school and the holidays (SO MANY COOKIES), I've gained about 10 pounds. I'd love to lose that again as the new year begins. 

Read 132 books I managed to read 130 books (my goal) this year, but it was a very close call! I'm going to see if I can beat that by two books in 2013. 

Read 1 classic a month I am severely lacking in the classics and no matter how much I say I'm going to read them, I never do. Hopefully by setting a concrete goal, I'll actually knock some off my list. 

Start writing a book Writing is something I always say I'll do, but never actually end up doing. And I've heard that authors almost never publish the first thing they write. So I need to get that book out of the way to see if I can come up with something that's actually worth publishing someday. 

Be more patient with others I definitely have a problem with this and it more times than not puts me in a bad mood for the day. So I need to be more patient and understanding, which will hopefully make me a happier person overall! 

Write at least twice a week I have a problem with writing often enough in my journal, so hopefully I can stick with writing at least twice a week. 

Keep up with newly released movies At school, I miss so many new movies, so I want to make it a goal to keep up with them whenever I'm home or have a chance to catch one at school. 

Add more dresses to my wardrobe I absolutely love dresses and I always say how much I want to add them to my wardrobe. This year, I'm going to make a conscious effort to add more cute ones to my wardrobe. 

Improve my cooking skills I have become really interested in baking and cooking in 2012, and when I have my own apartment in the fall I'll actually have my own kitchen! So I really want to cook a lot when I get the chance. 

Don't be afraid to go on an adventure I'm too comfortable with staying in every night, reading a book until I fall asleep. In 2013, I really want to get out more and see if  I can create fun memories with my friends. 

Knit tons of fun projects I love finding fun projects online, but I never actually sit down and make them. So this year I want to make fun projects that I'll love showing off to my friends and family. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...