Sunday, January 27, 2013

Craft Corner: Brioche Infinity Scarf

I've been working on this scarf all week and I'm beyond excited that it's finally finished. It's called the Brioche Infinity Scarf, so you use the Brioche Stitch. I was a little confused on how exactly to do that stitch, but trusty old Youtube helped me get started and from then on I was home free. The stitch looks a little like a seed stitch, but it's thicker and I love it. 

When JoAnns was having their 25% off yarn sale, I went a little crazy on the yarn. I picked up this super cute grey speckled Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn and could not wait to find something to make out of it. The yarn ended up being super cozy and in this thick cowl, it's absolutely perfect. 

I used a provisional cast-on and then a kitchener stitch to bind the ends together since you use two regular needles to make this. The binding ended up not being completely seamless because of the brioche stitch pattern, but it's definitely not as bulky as it would have been if I had sewn the ends together. So overall, I'm in love with this new cowl! 

This weekend is pretty chilly, so I'll be snuggled up with my cowl and new glasses that I still haven't stopped obsessing over. Then it's back to class on Monday for me! I hope guys have been enjoying your weekends as well. Have you guys done anything fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...