Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cupcakes and Banana Yarn

One more week of break left for me and I plan on making the most of the remaining days with no homework or meetings or practices. There's a ton of things I've been meaning to get done these past three weeks that I haven't gotten to, so looks like a busy week ahead! Here's what I plan on tackling this weekend...

-Baking some fun cupcakes I have THE BEST roommate ever. She sent me my Christmas present and it ended up being a cupcake pan, a chocolate cupcake mix, pretty pink pearl sugar decoration, and adorable polka dot cupcake liners. I'm so excited to try them out by making a recipe from the cupcake book I got from one of my other friends for Christmas.

-Dreaming of London I feel like I bring it up almost every post, but my London trip is only five months away! I know that seems like a lot, but I'm sure it's going to fly by. I have to start planning out everything I want to do during the six weeks I'm there. 

-Reading awesome books I started reading My Life Next Door and it is so good so far! All I want to do is curl up on my couch and finish this book in one sitting. Too bad life gets in the way :/ Haha, but hopefully I can finish it this weekend!

-Knitting a thick, warm cowl I've been wanting to make a cowl out of soft, thick yarn and I finally got some this past week and I can't wait to use it. I love the light yellow color and how it reminds me of bananas and lemons. Mmm it's just so cozy! I found a pattern I really like on Ravelry, so hopefully it will turn out well! Keep your eye out for a craft corner post ;)  

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like it's going a pretty darn fun week indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I've just starting reading your blog and see you're visiting my country soon, I hope you have a great time when you're here. England isn't noted for it's great weather so hopefully you'll have finished your sunny cowl you may need it :-)
    It's such a lovely colour yarn.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I started a countdown on my phone for when I was going to London like 8 months before I left haha! I definitely recommend doing one of those big bus tours...sure youll feel like a tourist but its really great. I wanted to make it over to the "globe" theater (its not the real one wah wah)...but I never made it so I think being a fellow English major you would enjoy it haha And probably should see the changing of the guards and definitely have to experience high tea :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...