Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kitchen Krazy: Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies

Being home for four weeks means one thing: I have a kitchen! Woo hoo! So of course, the first thing I do when I'm here is bake some delicious cookies! I found the perfect recipe for these deep dark chocolate cookies from Divine Baking and I knew I had to make them as soon as I saw them. The recipe uses no flour or butter, which I thought was so cool. I've never made a cookie without those ingredients, so I thought I'd give it a try! 

Mmmm the best part was definitely using the bittersweet chocolate for the cookie mix. You melt a cup of the chocolate chips for the mix, then at the end before you roll the balls, you mix in 1/2 a cup of solid chips. Mmm so much chocolate! I was so worried because when I was done with the cookie mix, it was still very sticky and not really all that solid, so when I tried rolling it into balls it got ALL over my hands. Thankfully, though, I waited about five minutes and the chocolate hardened a bit and the mixture got a lot easier to work with. So I scooped up spoonfuls, rolled them into balls, dipped them into powdered sugar, and put them on the cookie sheets. 

Then I popped these babies into the oven and about 10 minutes later they were perfect! They're the perfect mixture of sugar and chocolate and I can't get enough of them. And you know the best part? My family loves them too! I love it when I can make a baked good that wins over my family, so I'd definitely call these a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...