Sunday, December 9, 2012

Top 5 Christmas Desserts

Baking is one of my favorite parts of the holidays, and we'll spend hours making yummy desserts to bring to our cousins' house when we do our family gift exchange. I love spending all day in the kitchen, stealing licks of chocolate from the spoon (that we're done using of course) and each cookies warm from the oven. We'll have the Christmas music playing and bake together from dusk until dawn. I can't wait for that time to come again this year! Until then, I thought I'd share with you some cookies that are an absolute must to make in my household. 

1) Peanut Butter Blossoms are absolutely to die for. My favorite part is unwrapping all of the Hershey kisses with my sister and stealing a couple here and there. These cookies have the perfect mixture of peanut butter and chocolate. 

2) Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are my favorite cookies to make for the holidays and have been ever since I was a little girl. Since I don't like nuts, we don't add that little detail, but with the chocolate cookies, caramel, and chocolate drizzle, you just can't go wrong with these. 

3) Chocolate Marshmallow Mile-High Squares are probably the easiest ones to make out of the whole bunch and they are so yummy. They take about 10 minutes to make and the chocolate and butterscotch chip mixture is delicious. 

4) Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the perfect cookies to give you that extra chocolate you need during the holiday season. With chocolate cookie dough mixture with huge chocolate chunks, anyone with a sweet tooth will absolutely love these. 

5) Melted Snowman Cookies are a definite must for anyone who loves to be creative with their desserts. They're so much fun to make and really aren't that difficult at all. They're tasty and will definitely make conversation at any Christmas party you go to. 

And those are my top five desserts of the season! Now all I want to do is go eat some chocolate, haha. It's a little too early to start making these delicious desserts, but hopefully I can start on some of them next week! All I have to do until then is plan which ones I want to make, which will definitely include these five yummy holiday desserts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...